The LiveOak Fiber App FAQs
The LiveOak Fiber App
The LiveOak Fiber App allows you to completely customize your WiFi with parental controls, cyber controls, cyber protection, usage reports, and more.
Intro To The Main Dashboard
Creating and controlling your Premium WiFi Experience begins on the main dashboard. Watch this video for an important introduction on how to navigate the main dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to common questions about The LiveOak Fiber App.
If your service technician didn’t help you connect while they were installing your service, then connecting the LiveOak Fiber app to your network is very simple. Follow this video guide or follow the below instructions:
- Open the App and click “Let’s Get Started” at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, click the Sign Up link on the bottom.
- Fill out the registration form with your information and create a password.
- Plug your new system into the internet.
- Once the system is on, scan the QR code on the bottom or side panel of your system. Or you can enter the MAC Address and Serial Number of the plate.
- A scan will begin and may take 15-20 seconds to complete.
- If you are setting up WiFi with this system for the first time, you will need to name your network and create your WiFi password.
Places allow you to assign a group of devices to specific locations within your home. For example, you might have a home office where you want to assign your laptop, printer, and other office equipment.
The “People” tab allows you to assign specific devices to different individuals that are on the network. For example, you can assign a laptop, TV, gaming consoles, and a phone to a member of your household. With devices assigned to an individual, you can monitor internet usage, set screen time limits, or other parental controls that affect only that individual.
Things are the devices that are connected to your network.
From the home screen, tap My Network > Bandwidth Test > Run Test
After the test completes, you’ll be able to find the results in the My Network tile on the home screen or you can click on the notification that appears when the test completes.
To make changes to your network’s SSID settings, watch the guided video or follow the instructions below:
1. Tap on the My Network tile on the home screen.
2. Choose your primary network.
3. Tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
4. Make any changes you need.
5. Tap save when finished.